Monday 5 April 2010

!!!11Eleven11!!!

Doctor Who is back! Like, properly, for 13 episodes! With someone decent in charge!

It's kind of hard to tell what the new doctor's going to be like on the basis of one episode, but I'm pretty optimistic. He seems to have the best bits of Doctors 9 and 10: he's bouncy and a bit manic like David Tennant, but has a really menacing edge, like Christopher Eccleston.

I'm liking Amy Pond too. I really wanted to like Martha and Donna, and they were OK, but I didn't particularly warm to them. Both young Amelia and adult Amy, though, were instantly charming.

Other stuff: the new Tardis looks cool; I smiled like an idiot at the little flashback through all the previous doctors; and the remixed title music is ace. But what are the Daleks doing in the trailer? Haven't they been killed off enough times already?

No comments:

Post a Comment